Frequently Asked Questions

Safety Regulations:

How do I determine whether I am subject to FMCSA’s safety regulations?

If you operate any of the following types of commercial motor vehicles in interstate commerce you must comply with the applicable U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT) safety regulations concerning:


A vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating or gross combination weight rating of 4,537 kg (10,001 lb) or more, whichever is greater;

A vehicle designed or used to transport between 9 and 15 passengers (including the driver) for compensation;

A vehicle designed or used to transport 16 or more passengers; or

Any size vehicle used in the transportation of materials found to be hazardous for the purposes of the Hazardous Materials Transportation Act (49 U.S.C. 5101 et seq.) and which require the motor vehicle to be placarded under the Hazardous Materials Regulations (49 CFR chapter I, subchapter C).

How do I get a commercial driver’s license (CDL)?

They are issued by the individual state driver licensing agencies (SDLA).

What is third-party Quick Pay?

Also known as “factoring”, third-party Quick Pay is the process of selling your invoices to improve your Cash Flow.

We are partnered with a factoring company that specializes In trucking companies that have 1-10 trucks. AmeriTrust gives you money up-front for your Accounts Receivable. Don’t wait 30 days (or more!) for payment. Their Quick Pay products will give your company the power to pay bills in a timely manner, keep your trucks moving and grow your business without incurring bank debt. AmeriTrust serves the continental US. We help you get set up and make it pain free!

Other FAQ’s,26

Call us at 800-256-4130 for Friendly, Personal Help!

Call us at 800-256-4130

Getting signed up for your new carrier authority is easy! Just fill out the form on this page, or give us a call to receive friendly, personal help.

Contact Us Now